1. What is the size of your community?
Harbor Oaks became a Cooperative in 1994, there are 207 units, 51 on Lake Griffin frontage; 191 Shareholders and 16 who own their homes but pay lot rent
a. Share prices range from $30,000 to $41,000 depending on the location
b. Shareholders pay $125 per month maintenance fee
c. Renters pay $278-$435 per month rent on lot, depending on the location
2. What services are included with the maintenance fee?
Water, sewer, trash pick-up and mowing. Water is provided by the well system, sewer by the sewer system, trash is picked up at each driveway twice per week, employees mow and edge the streets. Trimming, fertilizing, weed control, tree maintenance, etc. are the resident’s responsibility.
3. Does your community employ its own manager and maintenance staff or a management company and maintenance company?
There is a full-time licensed Community Association Manager and four maintenance employees.
4. What is the unit dimension maximum (i.e. square footage)?
All homes are double-wide with a concrete carport and driveway, utility room, most have a screened in Florida room and a golf cart pad. The homes have 850-1400 sq. ft’.
5. What amenities are available?
Clubhouse, shuffleboard, horseshoes, Petanque, fishing pier, a 31-slip covered marina, private boat ramp, pool and spa (heated 365 days per year if at least 70 degrees outside), twice per week trash pick-up, 2 wells and a sewer treatment plant. The marina boat slips rent for $50-$65 per month (including boat trailer storage), plus storage space is available for RV’s and boat trailers for $10-$15 per month. There is an RV park at the marina: with twenty-nine sites that have water, sewer, electric, and bath house/laundry facility.
6. Are there activities?
There is a Social Club that organizes and sponsors the events; dances, karaoke, bingo, socials, tours, exercise and other classes, etc. In addition, water aerobics is available during the spring and summer. There are various card game and billiard groups scheduled daily. The monthly newsletter is organized and distributed by the Social Club as are all the special events. There is a $10 per person, per year, membership fee which includes your name tag.
7. Is there a restriction on the number of residents that can reside in a unit?
Maximum two residents, one 55 or older, second 45 or older. A caregiver may be approved by the board, with application, background check, then $10 extra person charge per month.
8. How many units are occupied year-round?
Approximately 55%, 114 out of 207 homes.
9. Is a background check (financial/criminal) required for new owners and renters?
1. Yes, there is a $100 fee for the application and background check process.
10. Can units be sub-leased and if so, is there a restriction on the number of times per season or minimum and maximum length of stay?
Yes, shareholders may lease a maximum two times per year with a 90-day minimum. Guests must go thru the application and background check process and be approved, then they are managed by the individual owners or their agent. Non-shareholders may not sublease.
11. Are guests permitted and if so, is there a restriction on the number of guests or their length of stay?
Guests must register at the office after five days. Maximum 30 days per guest per year or board approval is necessary (i.e. caregiver).
12. Are pets permitted and if so, are there any restrictions i.e. size/breed?
One pet 20 lbs. or less and must be kept on a leash. All breeds at that weight or less are allowed.
13. How many board members are there?
There are nine board members who each serve for three years. Meetings are typically monthly, on the second Tuesday of the month, and the Annual Membership Meeting is in February.
14. Contact info is:
Harbor Oaks Homeowners Cooperative, Inc.
3990 Picciola Road
Fruitland Park, FL 34731